Makes 1 ¼ cups of Cashew & Basil Cream Sauce (about 300 ml)
- 1 C Cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 6-12 Leaves of Fresh Basil (this really depends on how strong or mild you want the basil flavour to be)
- Pinch of salt
- Soak 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews in 3 cups of water overnight.
- Drain and rinse cashews then add just enough water to barely cover them and blend with an immersion blender until you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Add fresh basil and a pinch of salt and continue blending until well combined. Refrigerate to set for at about one hour.
A great accompaniment to pasta!